I have been working in a Foreing Country. Can I transfer the Social Security contributions paid to the Spanish System?

It is not possible to transfer contributions paid to the Social Security of a foreign country to the Spanish System.

The foreign contributions will be kept in your records. Spain will not pay a pension for such contributions.

However, at retirement, in case there is a Totalisation Agreement signed between Spain and the foreign country, the contribution periods in both Social Security systems will be taken into account for the purpose of meet the minimum requirements to access for a pension in both countries.

Other FAQ’s:

Need more help? Complete the following form and we will get back to you as soon as posible.