I have been living and working in London for several years. My wife and children have remained in Spain. During these years, I have not filed tax returns in Spain, since I have filed and paid my taxes in the UK. Now the Spanish Tax Authorities are requesting me to file my personal income tax return in Spain for the last four years. How can I fix and explain my situation?

This scenario can cause uncertainty in taxpayers and lead to the payment of fines and penalties.

The communication of the change of residence is an important procedure to be carried out by any person who moves to another country.

And, on the other hand, it is important to bear in mind that the fact of not being a tax resident in Spain does not imply that you do not have further tax obligation in Spain.

Other FAQ’s:

Need more help? Complete the following form and we will get back to you as soon as posible.